Salary: £32,000 to £40,000, Based: Sheffield
Market leading, Yorkshire based manufacturer of Medical Devices has a need for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will provide engineering input into a number of £multi-million, New Product Development Projects and take the lead on one of them as Project Leader.
Working as part of a newly formed, Research & Development Department tasked with bringing to market a suite of new designs and innovations that will complement the organisations existing portfolio. Such activities will include:
- The application of engineering problem-solving techniques to product development tasks including design, analysis, material selection, inspection requirements and manufacturing process requirements.
- The production of new ideas, approaches or insights to create innovative designs.
- Take the lead on a cross functional project, establishing appropriate project plans to ensure on time and budget delivery.
- Support and participate in company and product strategy formulation.
- Ensure that the design control process is adhered to according to relevant ISO’s and comply with policies, legal and safety obligations.
- Areas of involvement include; customer, supplier, manufacturing and sales support, regulatory submissions, design history files, device evaluation & testing.
- Design experience gained within a highly regulated industry such as Aerospace, Automotive or Medical Devices.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD.
- Has the ability to learn new, challenging and complex subject matter and apply it successfully.
- Takes the Initiative and generates activity… able to work under own direction.
- A practically minded person with an appreciation of modern manufacturing methods; has the ability to design with manufacturing processes and material capabilities in mind.
- Able to relate well and project credibility to people at all levels.
This is a first-class opportunity for someone that is looking to embark on or continue their design career within the medical devices sector as it provides an ideal platform from which to learn the craft in a company dedicated to New Product Development. Furthermore, the role of Mechanical Design Engineer has added advantages of working across multiple departments such as Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Engineering. This is an ideal vantage point to gain a thorough understanding of how a manufacturing business works in its entirety.
If you have the required background and experience and believe that you can make a true contribution to the organisation, then please contact us on 0113 4142782 or by email email@example.com for an exploratory conversation, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Airton Solutions is a recognised brand within the manufacturing and engineering sector. Based from Leeds we operate within the UK and internationally providing both clients and candidates with unrivalled levels of knowledge and customer service. Both Airton Solutions and its clients promote a policy of equal opportunities. Our policy is to treat job applicants and employees in the same way regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, colour or disability.
|Job Category||Medical Devices|