£38,000 to £42,000, Yorkshire Based, Relocation Assistance TBD.
Market leading, Yorkshire based manufacturer of Orthopaedic Implants is currently experiencing growth, with requests to supply a more varied product range to a global customer base. Strategically this means that the business has to expand and grow their overall technical ability through the appointment of specialist staff with the Project Engineer being one of these recruits.
The Project Engineer will apply their expert level of technical know-how and skill to the design and development of orthopaedic implants and instrumentation. The successful applicant will contribute to NPD projects of all types adding value in biomedical engineering terms in support of existing commercial products as well as in the introduction of new product lines.
- Applies engineering problem-solving techniques to product development tasks including design, analysis, material selection, inspection requirements and manufacturing process requirements.
- Produces new ideas, approaches or insights and creates innovative designs.
Leads cross functional projects (that may include orthopaedic surgeons) establishing appropriate project plans to ensure on time and budget delivery.
- Supports and participates in company and product strategy formulation.
- Ensures that the design control process is adhered to according to ISO 13485, MDR and complies with policies, legal and safety obligations.
- Areas of involvement include; customer, supplier, manufacturing and sales support, regulatory submissions, design history files, device evaluation & testing, QC, packaging, operating room support, complaint evaluation, patent disclosures and instrument refurbishment.
- Degree educated, or equivalent.
- Orthopaedic Implant and/or Instrumentation design and development experience.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Familiarity with FEA tools such as Ansys would be advantageous.
- Experience gained in running design/ development projects.
- Ideally an understanding of Class 3 Design History File/ Design Dossier.
The business in question has many strategic business growth opportunities which are being explored at this moment. Strategically this means that the R & D/Design teams will have to expand and grow their overall technical ability through the further appointment of specialist staff and the ongoing technical development of the team as a whole. This therefore creates an exciting opportunity for people within these teams to become true technical experts within their field or alternatively to take a step into a people management role.
If you have the required background and experience and believe that you can make a true contribution to the organisation, then please contact us on 0113 4142782 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for an exploratory conversation, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Airton Solutions is a recognised brand within the manufacturing and engineering sector. Based from Leeds we operate within the UK and internationally providing both clients and candidates with unrivalled levels of knowledge and customer service. Both Airton Solutions and its clients promote a policy of equal opportunities. Our policy is to treat job applicants and employees in the same way regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, colour or disability.
Key words: Medical Device, Development Engineer, Design Engineer, Orthopaedic Implant, Medical Implant, R & D Engineer, DHF, Design History File, Design Dossier
|Job Category||Medical Devices|