Salary commensurate with experience, West Yorkshire.
Market leading, Yorkshire based manufacturer of precision engineered products is currently experiencing growth, with requests to supply a more varied product range to a global customer base. The need to devise new manufacturing processes, combined with a company goal to increase overall skills availability and technical capability within the business, necessitates the need to recruit a Manufacturing Team Leader.
One of organisations unique selling points is an advanced, patented process. With increased demand for new variations arising from new, global markets, the department needs to become more technically sophisticated in its mode of operation to meet the efficiency targets, quality standards and throughout capacity that is now required.
- Prove a leadership resource to circa 10 team members, providing knowledge, experience, motivation, support and advice.
- In line with business strategy, develop a 2-4 year training plan for department members to systematically increase overall skills availability and technical capability.
- Be responsible for maintaining control of all departmental manufacturing processes, preparation areas and post coating cleaning and inspection.
- Become an expert on the patented processes. “Own” the technical know-how on how to best operate and maintain critical pieces of equipment.
- Set up a preventative maintenance schedule for all assets in the department.
- Be responsible for Health & Safety within a department, conducting safety checks on all equipment operated throughout the production process, as well as monitoring activities of workers during production.
Implement improvement activities within the department, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- It is likely that the successful applicant will have a manufacturing engineering, process engineering or maintenance engineering background.
- Leadership capability with experience gained in the management and co-ordination of small teams.
- Motivated by autonomy and being fully accountable for a section of a business
- Able to quickly make management decisions based on fact and figures.
- Knowledge of lean and continuous improvement; having previously led a process improvement program or worked closely with project leader throughout its implementation.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office tools including excel, with the ability to use data and numbers to form the basis of management decisions and improvement initiatives.
In this highly visible role, there is a tremendous opportunity for someone to utilise and improve their overall leadership ability and make a huge difference in a department that is at the start of journey of improvement and development. As well as the longer term advancement opportunities that positive performance in this role will bring, it will also offer the successful recruit a high degree of job satisfaction through the varied technical problem solving activities required on a daily basis.
If you have the required background and experience and believe that you can make a true contribution to the organisation, then please contact us on 0113 4142782 or by email email@example.com for an exploratory conversation, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Airton Solutions is a recognised brand within the manufacturing and engineering sector. Based from Leeds we operate within the UK and internationally providing both clients and candidates with unrivalled levels of knowledge and customer service. Both Airton Solutions and its clients promote a policy of equal opportunities. Our policy is to treat job applicants and employees in the same way regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, colour or disability.
Key words: Team Leader, Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor
|Job Category||Machining, Manufacturing, Metals|